The idea that reading is fundamental cannot be debated. It is a bedrock concept of education. This course aims to inspire educators on their journey to improve their support of students who may be struggling with reading. You will be guided by reading educators to support you in developing your own reading and teaching philosophy.
This course allows you to dig deep, hear from others, and reflect to decipher what being a teacher of reading means to you to develop a lasting philosophy that you can carry into your everyday work.
Connection to Practice
- Understanding of the importance of reading
- Thinking through your personal reading phil0sophy
- Templates to create that specific reading purpose
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.