A foundational belief of this course is that student behavior is communication and school personnel must ensure they hear what is being shared. To help in that regard, the content is structured to facilitate understanding the why behind student stress, how that stress shifts into trauma, and what school personnel can do to support students.
Further, this course provides multiple opportunities for the learner to reflect on the information and begin to plan next steps for their students and classrooms.
Student behavior is communication and school personnel must learn to listen. This course focuses on stress factors, how they shift into trauma, and steps that schools can take to support the entire school community.
Connection to Practice
- Signs of stress from students
- Manifestation of toxic stress
- Ways to check your assumptions about student and stakeholder behavior
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.