This first, of a four part series on classroom culture, looks at purpose. Your teaching philosophy is the foundation for a good classroom culture. This course will guide you through writing (or revising) your purpose statement that offers motivation to teach every day.
Why do you teach? Your answer to that question shapes your classroom culture and motivates you to get up in the morning to do important work for students.
Connection to Practice
- Purpose lays a foundation for your classroom culture with your teaching philosophy
- Passion offers practices and guidelines to spark learning
- Presence shores up consistent engagement
- Positivity ensures your classroom is a place your students want to be.
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.