What is Stride Tutoring?
Stride Tutoring is a company that matches experienced and state-certified teachers with students looking to improve their academic standing. This arrangement has been created by a tutoring company that understands the needs of students, families, and teachers because Stride has existed for more than 20 years.
From the parent perspective, they encounter an easy-to-use and transparent platform that enables them to find and select a tutor. The personal biographies and previous ratings for each tutor are provided so that you, as a family, can make the best choice for your needs. As of the time of this blog, nearly 1100 reviews have been offered with an average rating of 4.93 (out of 5 stars).
For teachers, they have an opportunity to expand their impact on students by leveraging their existing content and instructional knowledge. The process allows you to tutor students at a time convenient for you and to make a little extra money for your family.
If this is something of interest to you, keep reading but also visit the Stride Tutoring website. Parents can find out how to sign up for a tutor, and teachers can learn how to become a tutor!
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for teachers who have started the process of joining Stride Tutoring and have passed the required background check.
Remember, there are several steps that must occur before you complete the course. If you are interested in starting the process, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Stride Tutoring page and select “Become a Tutor.”
- Select the orange “Apply Now” button on the left side of that page.
- Choose whether or not you are an employee of Stride/K12 or not.
- Complete the intake form.
- Allow the intake form review process to work, which is performed weekly. Those who meet the criteria for joining the team will be invited to an information session.
- Await next steps and further instructions which will be sent to you from this email account – firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Does this Course Contain?
- 6 sections that help you understand expectations, policies, procedures, commitments, work flow, tools, and communication protocols.
- 5 downloadable documents including the Stride Tutoring User Guide and Pre-session Check-in Templates for future reference.
- 20+ training videos that offer step-by-step explanations on how to set up your profile, use the dashboard, or tutor within the online platform.
- Several checks for understanding to ensure you have mastered the content. At the end, you must successfully complete the “Final Quiz” before you can move to the next step in the process of becoming a Stride Tutor.
How Should I Take this Course?
You can tailor the experience based upon your needs as the design gives you control over the learning process.
Please expect to spend 3 to 4 hours for course completion as it has a lot of content, and you will want to pause for task completion along the way. If you need to stop and return at a later time, that is fine too. The platform will remember your progress and you can return to finish when it fits into your schedule.
Even though the course is mobile-friendly, we highly encourage you to utilize a laptop or desktop computer. That way, you can have additional tabs open so that you can work on your profile set up as you move through the training.
Once again, should you have questions about the process for joining the Stride Tutoring team, send them to email@example.com. Now, if you have questions regarding the Stride Professional Development Center, then use the “Contact Us” form on this page and we will be in touch.