Can you clearly define trauma and what it looks like in school? This course will help you understand its nuances, how the brain reacts, and specific responses you can offer to support your students. Trauma is more prevalent in our schools than we think, so this course is vitally important. By reviewing the definition of trauma and how the brain reacts, school personnel can learn strategies to respond in a manner that supports students and helps them begin to heal.
Trauma and Student Support
This course moves beyond an understanding the signs and symptoms of trauma and gets to the impact of trauma on learning. It wraps up with strategies for creating a trauma-informed classroom environment, and building resilience in students.
Connection to Practice
- Definition of trauma that affects students
- Discussion of the “stress cycle” and the brain
- Application of responses by the teacher
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.