This first of five courses in the Grading Calibration series will provide you with foundational knowledge about what calibration is, why it is important, and how it works.
This course is specifically for any teacher who assigns students written projects.
Calibration 1This series will teach you what calibration is and give you direct feedback as you align your rubric scoring with that of experts in three major ELA categories – literary analysis, research papers, and middle school writing.
Connection to Practice
- Multiple videos that take you on a journey for actual calibration practices
- Explanation of differences in norms and calibration
- How to use rubrics for all students to understand outcomes
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.