When you make a list of people to take care of, where do you rank yourself? Research shows that teachers are the number one influence on a student’s performance in the classroom, and educators who suffer from compassion fatigue and high levels of stress have students with more behavior issues and lower achievement.
This Promising Practices video and materials can help you rethink self-care in teaching.
Self CareTeachers focus on helping their students and colleagues but often neglect to focus on themselves. This course flips that model to examine how to stay healthy and strong.
Connection to Practice
- Research on teacher fatigue and stress
- Strategies to overcome burnout
- Tips for future study
- A willingness to learn and grow.
- A computer or phone with access to the internet.
- No paid software required – everything you need is in the Learning Module.